Safefood 360° software comes complete with the main recognized food safety hazards. However, as new hazards emerge you may wish to add a new hazard to your database. This can be done through selecting Hazards in the HACCP module and by selecting ‘Add Hazard’.
1. Enter Hazard Details
- The name of the hazard should be the specific name of the hazard and not a generic name such as ‘bacteria’.
- Select the Hazard Category from the dropdown list. This is the high level category of which there are six options:
- Biological: This covers all biological hazards including bacteria, viruses, yeasts, moulds, parasites etc.
- Physical: Covers all physical hazards including glass, metal and wood.
- Chemical: Covers all the main chemical hazards including toxins and contaminants.
- Chemical (Additives): These are the legal permitted and controlled chemicals that may be used as additives in food production.
- Allergen: Covers allergens as prescribed in global legislation.
- Quality / Other: Anything that may not fit into the above categories, e.g. radiological.
- Select the hazard subcategory.
- Contains a description of the hazard. This is ideal for entering the specific nature of the risk associated with your product / process for this hazard and also the source of your information.