How to work with Materials / Ingredients
1. Enter Ingredient / Material Details
- Enter the name of the ingredient / material.
- Enter the internal identification number or tracing code for this ingredient / material.
- Define a folder for the ingredient / material. This helps you organize your materials into logical groups so they can be easily sourced.
- Select the country of origin.
- Enter a brief description of the ingredient / material.
- Include the supplier and state whether they are a Manufacturer or an Agent.
- Define any known hazards for this ingredient / material.
- Conduct a brief risk assessment and enter your justification.
2. Select Identity Preservation (if applicable)
If the ingredient / material has identity preservation you should select all identities here.
3. Enable Review
4. Select Ingredient / Material Specifications
Here you can link your specifications to your ingredient / material. Your ingredient / material specifications are documents which you have uploaded to the Document Control module. The approval status of your material / ingredient in Safefood 360 depends on the approval status of the specification documents.