Items are used throughout the Safefood 360° software to associate records and programs with the correct items, regardless of whether they are machinery or parts of the production facility.
Examples of Items are:
- Production Equipment: Any equipment used in production such as ovens etc
- Inspection / Testing Equipment: Anything instruments used in inspecting or testing such as scales or thermometers etc
- Utensil: A tool that is used for production
- Building Fabric: Parts of the production facility, such as the ceiling or the doors
- Hygiene Equipment: Such as soap dispensers, paper towel dispensers, etc
- Storage Equipment: Things like shelves, pallets, or boxes
1. Enter Item Details
- Enter the name and model of the Item.
- Enter an ID number or code for the item. Alternatively you can leave this blank and the system will auto generate a number upon saving.
- Enter the items serial number.
- Select the items group.
- Enter the items location in the factory.
- Enter any relevant notes about this Item of equipment.
2. Enter Food Contact Item Details (if applicable)
For items that come directly into contact with the food product being manufactured, tick the Food Contact Item check box.
- Check Certificate Number or Historical Use depending on the basis for approval of the item for contact purposes.
- For items of equipment to be used for contact purposes, complete the Contamination Checklist prior to using the Item.