- Reports can be accessed by clicking on the Reports tab in each module.
- And by clicking on the relevant report.
To ensure consistency and ease of use all reports in the application are structured the same way and as described below.
- Filter Bar: Allows you to change the date range of the report and also filter by certain criteria such as the program or entity (product, customer etc). There is more detail on report filtering below.
- Function Bar: Allows you to navigate, search, export and print your report. More detail on report functions below.
- Report Title Section: The title section of the report will be consistent across all reports in the application. It will contain the name of the report with any filter in brackets, the name of the site and the date range.
- Chart: Not all reports have charts but many do. For more information see the article on Report Types.
- Hide Chart: Where a report does have a chart you can easily hide it by clicking ‘hide chart’. Likewise when the chart is hidden you can easily show it by clicking ‘show chart’.
- Almost all reports will include a table of data.
By default when a report is loaded the date range will be set to the current date less 60 days. However you can easily change the date range on the filter bar.
- Select the start date of the report.
- Select the end date of the report.
- If required you can filter the report further using the ‘show’ menu.
- Whenever you change a filter you must click update to update the report.
- If a report is long you can navigate through the report pages.
- You can search the report for specific keywords. Just enter the search term and click enter.
- All reports can be exported to many file formats including PDF, Excel and Word.
- It is typically not necessary to use the refresh function but you may do so if you feel the underlying data may have changed since you opened the report and you absolutely must have the current data.