What are Supplier contacts used for?
Creating a Supplier contact in the system will allow you to a) associate any relevant records with a Supplier contact and b) start working in the Supplier Control module or in the Supplier Quality Management Solution with this particular supplier. You’ll be able to establish supplier control programs for the contact.
Having a Supplier contact is a prerequisite for you being able to set up a Supplier Control program.
1. Enter Supplier Details
- Enter the name of the supplier
- Enter your internal ID or code for this supplier if you have one.
- Select the type of supplier.
- If the supplier uses an agent or importer you can select them here. Doing so will allow that broker to access records belonging to its manufacturers. This will allow you to bring others in and contribute on your documents.
- Enter the supplier’s phone details.
- Enter the supplier’s postal address details.
- If the supplier’s physical address details are the same then you can click where it says: “Same as Postal Address” to copy over the details.
- Enter the details for all relevant supplier contacts.
- Add an email and phone number for the contact person. This email will be used for email notifications that are sent to the supplier. The 24-hour-contact field should contain a full phone number (with a country code). This phone number is used when SMS alerts are being sent to the supplier.
- If you wish to change the suppliers address you may do so also by dragging the pin on the map. As you’re dragging the pin the address will change automatically.
Tip: Pay particular attention to the email and 24-hour contact phone numbers (item #9 in the list). These contact details are used when the Supplier Control module is sending out notifications and alerts.
2. Enter Supplier Specification Defaults
This section allows you to define the default location within your Documents library where the suppliers specifications will be uploaded into the Supplier Portal. Doing this is optional and if you do not choose a specific folder the suppliers specifications will be automatically uploaded to a folder of the suppliers name beneath ‘Specifications’.
- Create/choose the folder location for this suppliers specifications.
- Just like the Documents module you can assign users to approve specifications when they are uploaded or changed.
- Again, like the Documents module you can assign users to receive email notifications each time a document is uploaded or changed by the supplier.